Friday, April 30, 2010

OMG! Gonna rant here for a minute..........?

I just took a box down to the Post Office to find out how much to ship it to the state right next to me. The box weighed 5 pounds, and is 23x24x25 big. It's full of styrofoam peanuts. They wanted to charge me $55.00 to ship it!!! I was FLOORED! 8.00 for the weight and 47.00 cause of the size of the box??? I am in the WRONG business evidently! I wanna STEAL money from people doing the same thing! Thanks for letting me complain lol.OMG! Gonna rant here for a minute..........?
As a letter carrier I must say that the new rate increases using shaped based rates is STUPID. The powers that be in the US Postal Service are trying to drive it into the ground.OMG! Gonna rant here for a minute..........?
Good disguise you'll need it incase the Post Office is looking for you!

Report Abuse



the reason they charge that much is because its the size that takes up all the room in the mail van, and all the mail that cant fit in their... i agree it is too expensive, and i would find another way to ship it.
No problem Rant on ;-)
Wow!, probably be cheaper to drive it over their.
The size of it means they can't fit as many packages of the same weight on the truck. So basically it amounts to taking up valuable space they could fill with many other package that cost money. Maybe try UPS? this is also a first for me I assumed they always went by weight but now it seems they charge by volume as well. Must be desperate to make more money or maybe the Post Office was wrong double check with another Post Office just to be sure. First I heard but I do know oversized and I mean huge (not yours) boxes do come with a penalty.
hey, if you get to rant on this site, I will too.





I'm tired of questions that aren't questions. there are blogs specifically designed for that.





and I'm tired of old run out questions ';rate the avatar above you';





let's get some new jokes together guys, and ask great questions, okay? so this place is fun again
Rant away. They are using 'security' as an excuse to line their pockets!
Ok. . .nice story. Now go play...
Yeah, once you start getting that large you'd rather go with UPS. Because that is a fairly large box. Of course I sympathize with you dear, it's way too much money to shell out for shipping peanuts made of synthetic thingamabobs.
Dude whatever. That's f---in' bullsh--! USPS might as well bend us all over and stick it to us in the a--. What about UPS or FedEx?
you are not wrong
Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment