Thursday, December 31, 2009

The apostrophe syndrome (grammar rant)?

I'm watching local news and the online question that they ask is: ';Do you think NYC is the best place to live for working mom's';. Look at the last word .... I see this a lot on the internet, but thought that the media would have a good grasp on proper grammar. But I digress.The apostrophe syndrome (grammar rant)?
Yes, punctuation and other gross language errors are a big problem in the media and elsewhere.





BUT, to be correct about things, punctuation is not grammar. Grammar is (by most definitions) the arrangement of words into sentences.





Just saying... :)The apostrophe syndrome (grammar rant)?
Yeah, it happens a lot. I see that type of thing in the media, in BOOKS, and websites; places where you'd expect them to have a good editor.


I know twelve-year-olds with better grammar.


It makes me sad that they expect us to learn ';proper grammar'; in school when they don't use it theirselves.
I'm not surprised. The mass media have done their best to ';dumb down'; America; their grammatical blunders are just one of their offenses against IQ.
Everyone makes mistakes. It won't happen again on the media for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment