Monday, December 28, 2009

Just a freecycle rant?

Does anyone else got angry with all the wanted posts? I cant believe the things people ask for sometimes, just got one with someone wanting a garden shed and even gave the measurements of the size they wanted. Just having a rant sorry!Just a freecycle rant?
I don't get angry, but I do get tired of these types of over the top requests. I just roll my eyes and hit the ';delete'; key.





I *like* the basic ';wanted'; requests, though. They can encourage me to get rid of something I've had sitting around for ages, unused.Just a freecycle rant?
Your entitled to a rant.. after all, its better out than in.





I use freecycle quite a lot for ideas and stuff, I also look out for items I know other folks can use as well.





To the person that has given up on freecycle, am sorry you feel that way, my currently local group ( Aberdeen) is very active, 20+ posts a day, but am in the process of moving down south to Motherwell / Wishaw area which only has a freecycle group based in Hamilton or Lanark ( as far as I have spotted so far ).





Am just thankful that there are some other like minded people that do you thier heads when it comes to unwanted gems and the likes...


As they say '; One persons junk, is another persons gold ';





Moran Taing.
as a freecycle mod... we limit requests (so people can't ask for an ipod, or games console, or wireless vista laptop with 500gb memory...)





otherwise, wanted posts are just as valuable as offers - they can remind people of stuff they might have in a cupboard, or the attic, or just facilitate getting rid of something (eg a shed; we have offers for those too!)
Whats wrong with that? Its what the site is for people want things, people get rid of sheds all the time. If he has a small garden then he isnt going to want a shed thats to big is he?





Again i dont understand what your point is or what your moaning about.





EDIT blondie, it works both ways if someone wants something and someone reads the post and they have it, then they can give it away.
Some people are just greedy and want everything. I don't mind if you genuinely would like something. I got a TV/Video as my video was taken away to be repaired and I never got it back!
isnt it for people to post what they HAVE and are willing to give away, not for people to post what the WANT???
Well - the system is there for them to do it....so they will





I got fed up with Freecycle to be honest.....waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment